Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Unhandled Exception error when exiting ACT

Hello,

I've been getting the below error when I exit out of ACT. ACT opens and runs fine, it's only when I exit out of ACT that this happens. As such it doesn't really impact my use of ACT, but still it would be nice to fix it if possible.

I only use ACT for FFXIV.
Application-Close 2021-05-13T10:33:06 UserClosing
***** 2021-05-13T10:33:06 - Entering SaveNewSettings
***** 2021-05-13T10:33:06 - Exiting SaveNewSettings: 67
***** 2021-05-13T10:33:06 - Unhandled Exception
System.InvalidOperationException - Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.BeginInvoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext.Post(SendOrPostCallback d, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.AwaitTaskContinuation.RunCallback(ContextCallback callback, Object state, Task& currentTask)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

System.Windows.Forms.Control, System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Thank you for any help or insight that you can provide.

Comments

• ACT doesn't use await on tasks, so my assumption is a plugin is causing this.  Essentially the error message is saying a window is being used that doesn't exist.  You're closing ACT, so the window was probably destroyed as it was terminating.
  • Based on your comment, I started disabling plugins one by one and found which one was causing that error. I had just built a new computer and reinstalled ACT and all the plugins as well, so it seems like the latest version of that plugin was causing it. I rolled it back to an older version and it's fine now.

If anyone else runs into this problem, it was caused by ACT_DiscordTriggers v1.0.2.0. Rolled back to 1.0.1.0.

Thanks for your help!