Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

EQ2 and /act COMMAND?

I saw some posts from a few years ago that mentioned some /act  slash commands inside eq2.  Of course, that does nothing for me.  Was that something older that was removed from the game, or would I need to add some kind of ALIAS command to my eq2.ini to actually point to my local act.exe file (or you know what I mean)...  Just wondering.  Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• This is the list of commands... technically they work for any game/parsing plugin that properly implements it...

EQ2 will generate an error message in the log file, the EQ2 English parsing plugin will see that error message and forward it to ACT.  So EQ2 itself isn't talking to ACT as much as the error message tells ACT that it should do something with it... just like any other log line.