Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

ACT wont start, odd error?

I get this error, any ideas?

---------------------------
Fatal Error - Unhandled Exception
An unhandled exception has occurred.  ACT may close.
Press Ctrl-C to copy this MessageBox.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException - Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
   at CefSharp.OffScreen.ChromiumWebBrowser.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at CefSharp.OffScreen.ChromiumWebBrowser.Finalize()

CefSharp.OffScreen.ChromiumWebBrowser, CefSharp.OffScreen, Version=75.1.141.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=40c4b6fc221f4138
OK   

Edit: I use ACT with FFXIV.

THanks!

Comments

• Sounds like something(AV, Security, etc) deleted part of your OverlayPlugin install.

Delete %APPDATA%\Advanced Combat Tracker\OverlayPluginCef and let OverlayPlugin re-download it on the next start.

• EQAditu said:
    Sounds like something(AV, Security, etc) deleted part of your OverlayPlugin install.

Delete %APPDATA%\Advanced Combat Tracker\OverlayPluginCef and let OverlayPlugin re-download it on the next start.

Thank you! This fixed it.

I've been using Malwarebytes for a few years maybe it went wonky even though I have the ACT folder added as an exclusion.

Have a great Sunday :)