Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

I don't know what happened

I had everything up and running the other night and it was great!  I was really enjoying it (FFXIV).  Then something asked me to update and I agreed to it, and now I can't figure out what I did wrong!

So it looks like that ACT sees my location... but it doesn't appear to recognize that I'm DPSing.... I have the Kagerou overlay in-game and that's being displayed, but it's not showing the DPS there either.  

I've uninstalled and reinstalled but I think that made things worse... I really hope someone can help me because I really liked being able to see the numbers!

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Just a few things...

I am running it as admin

There is nothing coming up on the mini-parser

I have unblocked ACT in Windows firewall

• I am having the EXACT same issue, PLEASE someone respond to this... now I can't even get the overlay to work after I reinstalled also.. its saying file or assembly not found.. I had everything working PERFECTLY, overlay and cactbot along with kagerou.. now its one giant mess .. always has to be something

• jon I think it MIGHT be because of the ffxiv patch... i think this always happens with ACT.. but im not sure because when i set it to parse from memory (not accurate) it works.. then when i go back to network it doesnt work, when i check the logs it seems like its all sensible data and are working so idk

• Well please keep me posted if you or anyone else finds a resolution -- I've been trying to figure it out, because it appears like everything is set up exactly as was directed and it's still not working.  I had it working two nights ago, and then for whatever reason, it cut out yesterday... I think it was before the patch, tbh.  Not sure why -- I have a laptop I can test this out on to see if it's the same problem. I can let you know in a while..

• I have the same thing as you -- I can change to memory and it works, although it says it's inaccurate... It won't work when I switch it back to Network... but when I test it, it says SUCCEEDED: All FFXIV memory signatures detected successfuly and Network data is available.

So there is a disconnect somewhere -- it seems like it's not finding my log file and parsing it.. or something like that.  I don't get it.. Everything is set up perfectly..

• There's a diagnostics FAQ at the top of every page in the forum.

I'll even quote the important part posted 8 hours ago:

The following information is accurate as of 2020-03-10 / patch 5.21:

• Is ACT broken right now?
      Yes. The network opcodes have changed and the parser's network mode won't work until it's updated.
      There's a beta available (below) if you're impatient.

• EQAditu said:

There's a diagnostics FAQ at the top of every page in the forum.

I'll even quote the important part posted 8 hours ago:

The following information is accurate as of 2020-03-10 / patch 5.21:

• Is ACT broken right now?
      Yes. The network opcodes have changed and the parser's network mode won't work until it's updated.
      There's a beta available (below) if you're impatient.

Ahh thank you!, i'm guessing its the same issue again.. jeez SE give it a rest already I just came back after a 2 year break.. i'm a baddie and need my ACT for triggers!

• Maybe this will help someone...
    I had the problem that ACT startet normally but it didn't track dps but showed my location and time.
    I got the error message that there is a problem with my firewall but ACT was allowed in my windows firewall settings.

BUT it was not allowed in the settings of my anti-virus-program. So I disabled the firewall control of my anti-virus-program and ACT worked as it should.