Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

[RESOLVE] CactbotEventSource error message installation

edited June 2020 in General ACT Discussion

Hello everybody,

I use ACT for FFXIV.

I installed FFXIV_ACT_Plugins and OverlayPlugin-0.14.1 without trouble.

But when I try to install CactbotEventSource plugin I have this error message.

Notice that I can install CactbotOverlay.

I don't know how to solve this problem (look into my firewall, watching authorization file …., but I find nothing).

Can you help me with my problem ?

Below the erro message :

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException - Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d'accès 'C:\Users\Ruant\AppData\Roaming\Advanced Combat Tracker\Plugins\cactbot-0.17.2\cactbot-0.17.2\cactbot\CactbotEventSource.dll'.
   à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   à Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.pluginPanelEnabledChecked(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_CheckState(CheckState value)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

System.IO.__Error, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

See you,

Ru

Tagged:

Comments

• CactbotEventSource is used by CactbotOverlay.  It cannot be added as an ACT plugin directly.

Though that's not what the error message is about... it's saying the path to the DLL has parts that do not exist.  If you're trying to add CactbotEventSource manually, please don't.  If this error shows up from trying to enable CactbotOverlay, please check the folders with Explorer to see what does and does not exist and report back.  I've never heard of Cactbot not knowing where to find its dependencies before.

• Thank you for your fast reply. I download manualy the .zip from ACT official website.

Then I unzip it on this path C:\Users\Ruant\AppData\Roaming\Advanced Combat Tracker\Plugins\cactbot-0.17.2\

How can I download and install properly this plugin. Without manually unzip folder.

I have test ton install (with unzip folder) in another folder, but I have the same error :/

Maybe, can I uninstall ACT, and reinstall with plugin during the setup ?

Ru,

• Ruant said:
    {...}
    How can I download and install properly this plugin. Without manually unzip folder.
    {...}

Without ACT open, remove the Cactbot folders you manually created, or really any named that.  Open ACT, go to the Plugins tab, in the corner click the Get Plugins button, wait for it to populate and select Cactbot from the list and download it from there.

You may have to restart ACT before the Cactbot type appears in OverlayPlugin.

Also make sure that the FFXIV Plugin is at the top of the plugin list, then OverlayPlugin, then CactbotOverlay.

• Perfect, you solve my problem.

I have install without trouble the twice pluggin.

Thank you a lot :)

See you,

Ru