Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Need Help, Cannot Run ACT in 64 Bit

i am new in using ACT on XIV, i installed by following this guide https://github.com/FFXIV-ACT/setup-guide

i run the "Advanced Combat Tracker.exe" (not the ACTx86.exe) in administrator mode, i have bypassed the firewall, but when i am testing game connection i got this error

i found something weird that task manager shows this app as this (32bit)

clearly my system wont launch this in 64bit

anyway i am using windows 10 home 64bit

kindly need everyone help  :/

Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 2022

ACT is compiled in such a way that the OS will pick 32/64 and prefer 64-bit where available.  I've never seen it prefer 32-bit instead.  ACTx86 is a wrapper that requires 32-bit and loads normal ACT in that context. 

I attached the reverse of this idea...  ACTx64 will refuse to run as 32-bit and load the normal ACT that way.  This is just a test and won't work long term through updates.

• wow that solves the problem, thanks!  :D 

do you have any idea why my system preferred 32-bit for ACT? is there anything i could change in my system to make it prefer 64-bit instead?

• I've never heard of this happening before.  A 64-bit system should prefer to run ACT as x64 already.  There are very few ways to force it one way or the other.

• edited January 2022
    Adding an archive for 3.6.0.275...  The only difference between ACT versions is the *.config file has to reference the current ACT version.

• Adding one for 3.6.1.277...