Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

ACT infinitely ramping up in memory usage until computer blue screens

ACT is fine when I'm just doing small things, but when I'm raiding for a while, my memory starts running out. Once I close ACT, my memory returns to normal. Is this supposed to happen or is something wrong? I've tried reinstalling it, running as admin, allowing in firewall, etc. but I still have the problem.

Comments

• Honestly it sounds like you have two copies of the FFXIV Plugin running.  This causes a feedback loop on the log file which will consume all of your CPU, memory and storage until one gives out.

• edited July 2020
    EQAditu said:

Honestly it sounds like you have two copies of the FFXIV Plugin running.  This causes a feedback loop on the log file which will consume all of your CPU, memory and storage until one gives out.

Ok, so I tried reinstalling the plugins, but it just keeps using all my memory even in 4 man dungeons. I don't know what's wrong