Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Start in silent mode?

Is there a way to start ACT minimized? As in don't show any progress bar, just minimized and not changing the active window? (for example, in FFXIV, if you start the game, and then open ACT, then come back to FFXIV, ACT will pop up the loading bar window multiple times in the middle of the screen);

Comments

• edited August 2022
    I was just reading your conversation in Discord...

If you pass ACT the -minimize flag at startup, it will try to keep the main window out of the way.  But there is a WinForms bug that if you do not "show" the window at all and try to resize it, it will crash the entire application.  So there will unavoidably be some flicker.

If you modify your shortcut of ACT and tell it to start minimized, it should hide the progress bar window.

EDIT: Don't change "Run" to 'Minimized' any more.  Only use -minimize

At least that's the idea.  It doesn't seem to work correctly at the moment.  I wonder if it's because of Windows 11 or some other problem.  I'll try to review the issue before the next ACT release.  (once FFXIV-land calms down)
  • edited December 2021
    Thank you for the response/explanation, and with the possible solution in the future;

It might not be windows version related, as I tried with the same settings on windows 10 and it still popped up;

On xivlauncher there's no 'start minimized' option, but I've added the flag too(it of course won't work if it didn't work with the shortcut but I wanted to show how it looks when autolaunching with the launcher:
    (Mine's not set to run as admin because I launch xivlauncher itself as an admin, so any apps launched with it runs as administrator using the launcher's privileges (and with this I avoid having to click for each program the windows UAC(confirmation to run as admin)(I have xivalexander and ACT)))

• edited December 2021
    My Windows 10 machine still works correctly... so it's not as simple as it being broken.  Only my Windows 11 machine misbehaves when I correctly set up the shortcut.

Without a way to tell the shortcut to start minimized, it definitely won't work as I described... even with the command parameter.  Both things are required.
  • edited December 2021
    Hmmm, would be it possible to not show the progress bar at all as a parameter(at least for initialization)? Also, I know that you can make a program not have a main window and rely instead only on his task icon(I forgot the name, but the icon that appears close to the clock, together with the other icons, such as network and audio) , but I never used winforms before, only the old delphi 7, haha;

Also I tried the method you mentioned on windows 10 with minimize parameter and start minimized and didn't work for me..