Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Encounter log missing details of encounters

I'm using ACT in FFXIV and I noticed some time ago that the log encounters showed at the start of each line something like StatusRemove and UpdateHp just after the timestamp, which was ok until I noticed half the encounter information was missing which I often use when making custom triggers, like for example:

<player> gains the effect of Nocturnal Field from <me> for 90s.

How can I get these to show up again in the encounter log?

Comments

• edited December 2021
    This is up to the FFXIV Plugin.  It creates a somewhat raw network log on your filesystem then converts it into a friendlier format for humans which you can see in ACT. It is what it is and changes rarely.  The only thing you can change is if it includes chatlog in the output.  Some privacy option in the plugin.

Ravahn made a lot of changes for 6.0/EndWalker that was in a alpha/beta state for a month or so.  Those who had opinions could offer them, but that time is over.  Typically the changes removed language specific grammar from the log line syntax, but the actual information is still there.  You just need to be able to read it. 

• edited December 2021
    I...honestly don't know what that means.  I'm not a programmer so this is just going way over my head.
  • I'm sorry but I don't play the game, so I can only make guesses at what you're talking about and point you to the relevant resources. These lines no longer have English grammar in them, but they are supposed to have the same critical information in a very specific format.