Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Changing Log File Location (FFXIV Plugin) (Solved)

I've been googling this for about an hour now and all I can find is posts of people asking this and either getting a confused response, or just none at all.

By default ACT saves its log files onto the C drive, but I use the C drive just for my operating system, and prefer to not put anything else on there as the space is precious. I use my D drive to run all games and all programs, and I installed ACT onto the D drive accordingly. However it still logs everything into the %appdata% folder on C. I figured there has to be a way to change the location where it saves it to (especially as all the guides just refer to this as the default location, implying there are other possible ones), but cannot find a setting anywhere to do so. All I can find is settings that tell me where the log file is, with no way to change that information. Can anyone help with this issue?
Tagged:

Comments

• You failed to heed the first rule at the top of every page... but let's assume you're playing FFXIV...

The FFXIV Plugin settings define where the log file is written to.

You can also use portable mode which the FFXIV Plugin will honor:

• Sorry about that! First time posting here, and somehow missed the (incredibly obvious) banner saying that. Won't make that mistake again.

Thanks for answering anyway, and your assumptions would be correct. Similarly I looked right at that settings page and missed that big ole change button, so I feel like all types of stupid right now.

Thanks again for the quick and helpful reply!