If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

EQ2 64-bit changes to logfiles

Apparently, there are changes to the new EQ2 64-bit version (now in Beta) that change the logfiles so that they don't seem to be working properly with ACT. Just wanted to note that this has been reported at https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/64bit-testing-details-older-i7-from-2013.604058/#post-6687172

Comments

• I suppose I can do something to account for abbreviated numbers and added commas, but in general... all of the rounding isn't great for producing real calculations.  It would be recommended to turn off the abbreviated numbers for parsing.
  • Can someone try out this version as a beta to see if it correctly handles formatted and/or abbreviated numbers?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EQAditu/AdvancedCombatTracker/master/Plugins/Standalone/ACT_English_Parser.cs

• I believe this first pass will only work for en-US number formatting.   So 123.456.789 or 1,23K won't work out.
  • This version of the parser is working for me, both with abbreviated and formatted logs. I've got en-US number formatting.
  • If I don't hear any bad comments today, I'll put it on the auto-updater tonight.
  • EQAditu said:
    If I don't hear any bad comments today, I'll put it on the auto-updater tonight.
    Working perfectly for me.  Thank you :)
  • Error (French locale setting) :smile:

***** 2022-04-14T22:38:01 - BeforeLogLineRead event
    (1649968681)[Thu Apr 14 22:38:01 2022] Gaptia's Coordinated Wounds hits Brother Shen for a critical of 17.7B cold damage.
    System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.
       à System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
       à ACT_Plugin.ACT_English_Parser.ExpandDamageAmount(String DamageString) dans c:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Advanced Combat Tracker\Plugins\ACT_English_Parser.cs:ligne 1072
       à ACT_Plugin.ACT_English_Parser.DamageAndType..ctor(String UnsplitSource) dans c:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Advanced Combat Tracker\Plugins\ACT_English_Parser.cs:ligne 1670
       à ACT_Plugin.ACT_English_Parser.EngGetDamageAndTypeArr(String damageAndType) dans c:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Advanced Combat Tracker\Plugins\ACT_English_Parser.cs:ligne 1263
       à ACT_Plugin.ACT_English_Parser.LogExeEnglish(Match reMatch, Int32 logMatched, String logLine, Boolean isImport) dans c:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Advanced Combat Tracker\Plugins\ACT_English_Parser.cs:ligne 461
       à ACT_Plugin.ACT_English_Parser.oFormActMain_BeforeLogLineRead(Boolean isImport, LogLineEventArgs logInfo) dans c:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Advanced Combat Tracker\Plugins\ACT_English_Parser.cs:ligne 379
       à Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.ParseRawLogLine(Boolean isImport, DateTime ParsedLogTime, String LogLine, String CompanionLogName)
     à Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.WriteExceptionLog(Exception ex, String MoreInfo)
       à Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.ParseRawLogLine(Boolean isImport, DateTime ParsedLogTime, String LogLine, String CompanionLogName)
       à Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.ReadLog()
       à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  • So, this is the opposite of what I expected to happen.  I expected the client to start using 1,23K formatting and the plugin wouldn't handle it.  But instead, the plugin is inheiriting the OS locale and cannot understand 1.23K.

I can force the plugin to ignore the OS locale and use en-US... but is the EQ2 game client always going to use en-US number formatting?
  • The client is a mess :
    (1649790618)[Tue Apr 12 21:10:18 2022] Eufelia's Ward of Sages regenerates 3.9M points of absorption.
    (1649790618)[Tue Apr 12 21:10:18 2022] YOUR Epiphany refreshes YOU for 1,144 mana points.

(1649791467)[Tue Apr 12 21:24:27 2022] Your stoneskin absorbed 744,385,923 points of damage!

• Hmm, to me, it seems consistent.  All of those lines would be parsed correctly in the en-US locale.  Well, only the second line is actually parsed... but the numbers are valid.
  • Hey, I'm set to German locale.
    This is what my log looks like. I cycled through abbreviated, formatted and without.

(1650017527)[Fri Apr 15 12:12:07 2022] YOUR Scaled Protection regenerates 270.3M points of absorption.
    (1650017533)[Fri Apr 15 12:12:13 2022] YOUR Scaled Protection regenerates 270,333,864 points of absorption.
    (1650017540)[Fri Apr 15 12:12:20 2022] YOUR Scaled Protection regenerates 270333864 points of absorption.
  • Oh what i forgot to ask. Does the plugin work on abbreviated values or only the formatted ones. your last statement kinda made it sound like you don't support that format.
  • It works on abbreviated, but if you want the parse to be accurate you want the formatted or unformatted version.

Some custom triggers, depending on the regex used, may also not work for abbreviated or formatted logs.
  • abbreviated numbers are way off. like at least by 10x. might be a locale problem or something.
  • version  1.4.1.28 is ok with abbreviate number in my french windows 11. Thank you.