Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Share trigger using EQ2 macro file?

I would like to make an EQ2 /do_file_commands macro that performs a "/g <Trigger ... />".

First problem is quotation marks. EQ2 seems to strip all double quotes in a macro file /g command. I can replace double quotes with single quotes, e.g. <Trigger R='regex' ... /> but then possessive single quotes don't work, e.g. C='Aurelian Coast: Maiden's Eye [Heroic]'. Can't use &quot; because 1) the semicolon is an end-of-command in a macro, and 2) it doesn't decode it anyway. Tried \x0027 for the possessive but that ends up in the trigger verbatim.

There might also be a problem with back slashes, but that won't matter if quotes won't work.

So, impossible? Or am I overlooking some other method?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 2020

If it were just text in the log, &quot; or other XML entities should work... but since macros and the UI use that as a command delimiter, you seem stuck without it.  I don't think XML really supports other escape sequences.  Internally, it is treated as UTF8 XML.

I'm guessing that in-game macros aren't sufficient?

• In game will not do what I want, though those do work.

I'm working on a plugin that provides an alternate interface to the Custom Triggers tab. I thought it would be useful to be able to select a category and build a macro that would share all the triggers in that category with one /do_file_commands.

I might still leave that in but enable it only if the particular triggers are not problematic.