Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Beep (as in it uses the system beep sound)

So i keep getting a beep sound in my headset with act running.

Ive configured all beep sounds in act settings, sounds to NOT use that but use a wave file instead in order to try and figure it out. however it still does it.

Its for sure ACT as it goes away when i close act.. 

Any ideas?

Regards

Comments

• Come to think of it.. could it be teh beep for the parse being ready to be pasted? and if so .. how to disable ?

• edited June 2020

Come to think of it.. could it be teh beep for the parse being ready to be pasted? and if so .. how to disable ?

That uses the "Export sound" setting in the Sound Settings.

There is no where in ACT that currently uses a system beep that cannot be changed.

However, if ACT is configured to make some other sort of sound but encounters an error(such as the WAV file not existing), ACT will use a system beep instead.  The ACT error log will also show where this error occurred.
  • so I was having a similar issue, but I found the cause (like a minute ago) cactbot jobs has an option called "Play a sound notification if a proc box for dots/etc. expires while in combat" you can disable it and it fixed my problem hope this helps