Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out ngld's FFXIV FAQ for starter diagnostics. Lastly, Jojo's setup guide.

Getting Lag pop up how do I prevent this on EQ2



This pops up and game starts to lag out. I have a decent set up, so not sure why this is happening. Was fine then started doing this. Everquest2, Help! TY
Tagged:

Comments

  • Your symptoms together sound like your CPU is being fully taken up.  You would have to use Task Manager to figure out what are the big takers.  If a process has a number in parenthesis (3), expand the node to see the child processes and what is actually taking the time.

    If it was only Custom Trigger parsing falling behind and your game ran fine, I would suggest running the benchmark.

    As a side note, is that OverlayPlugin in the background?  I'm surprised people outside of FFXIV use it since a lot of overlays break without data specific to that game.

  • Not sure it is a processor issue. Was working great for a bit, then just started doing that. And that overlay works amazing.

  • Just to be clear, this is a screenshot of Task Manager when the lagging is happening?  Also, I meant the Processes tab to see which processes are taking CPU time.
  • I raid tonight ill try and get a snip of it.
  • EQAditu said:
    {...}
    You would have to use Task Manager to figure out what are the big takers.  If a process has a number in parenthesis (3), expand the node to see the child processes and what is actually taking the time.
    {...}
    Also, please do not forget this part.
  • edited May 12
    Ok I'll look into it, not to familiar with this but I'll do my best. Also wanted to say thank for your time and help.

  • ACT is using some serious CPU, this is average. Sometimes it goes higher then lags out my game. This help?

  • Louie73 said:
    ACT is using some serious CPU, this is average. Sometimes it goes higher then lags out my game. This help?


    EQAditu said:
    EQAditu said:
    {...}
    You would have to use Task Manager to figure out what are the big takers.  If a process has a number in parenthesis (3), expand the node to see the child processes and what is actually taking the time.
    {...}
    Also, please do not forget this part.


Sign In or Register to comment.