Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

XML Subscription

Testing out a XML subscription.  Launching ACT prompts if I would like to import but also says the file is outdated.  If I opt to import, it works as expected.  I'm storing the file on B2, and initially thought perhaps it cleared the create or modified date but that does not seem to be the case.  What is the outdated message referring to ?  I see the below in the log, and my url uses a fileid rather than pointing to a direct file (ie, .../mytriggers.xml) 

System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   at System.Net.WebClient.GetUri(String path)
   at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)
   at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.SubUpdateEntries()
   at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.WriteExceptionLog(Exception ex, String MoreInfo)
   at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.SubUpdateEntries()
   at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.SubDoAutoImports()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Comments

• If the web server does not return a Last-Modified HTTP header, then ACT will have nothing to go off of and assume that it needs to update it to be safe.

• Take this for example...

Notice the "Last updated" line when Query URL is used.  If it doesn't show, the server is not sending the header.