Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Use custom time rather than the local time (that is set on my computer?)

As the title says, I want ACT to use a custom timezone rather than the one that is set on my computer.
I know I could just change the time on my computer to whatever I want but that is not a desired solution for me. 
I have looked through settings but there seems to be no options for that. 

Any solutions or suggestions are welcome.
Tagged:

Comments

• Forgot to mention it but alternatively, not displaying the local time would also work too.
  • It's not currently possible and it will not be implemented.

.NET Framework applications do not store information in a particular timezone but in UTC.  It asks the operating system to display those times how the operating system is configured to do so in the timezone the operating system thinks it is.

Time is stored hundreds to thousands of places in ACT and there is no global way to offset how the system stores the (now fake) times as it is always supposed to be UTC which is calculated by the system from the local timezone.
  • Im too dumb to understand but I got that it's impossible :(

Thanks for the reply!
  • Maybe if you explained what you were really after there might be alternate solutions instead of changing your time zone.  To begin with, changing your timezone may or may not change anything depending on how the gametime is stored then interpreted.