Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Visual Overlay for Triggers

I am looking for either a plugin or something in the base features of ACT that will provide a textual overlay for TTS specified in triggers. I have tried, multiple times, to get the Visual Sound Engine plugin to work. This is exactly what I am looking for. However, the plugin works for a short amount of time then interferes with triggers. Not only do I not see the triggers in the textual overlay, I no longer hear the TTS; the triggers cease to function altogether. I have tried having this plugin load first and I have tried having this plugin load last, but to no avail. The last update for this plugin was in April of 2021.

While the textual overlay would be helpful to those who are not hearing impaired, one of our guild leaders in EQ2 is deaf. Make no mistake, he does an amazing job trying to cue off of the emotes scrolling through his chat window. However, it would be nice to allow him and others who are hearing impaired to benefit from triggers.

Is there another plugin or perhaps a feature within ACT that will accomplish this?
Tagged:

Comments

• The plugin was made specifically for this and is using the proper APIs to do so.  I would have to understand why things are breaking to be able to fix it.  This is the first report I've heard of it not working consistently.

I would need to see ACT's error log in the chances that it is recording the event that causes the failure.

• I will be happy to try and obtain the error log. I love the plugin and would love to be able to keep it loaded and enabled. I would especially love to be able to tell our guild leader he can use it. :-)

Thank you. I will get back with you.
  • edited August 2022
    I encountered the issue this evening. I have pulled out the relevant log data, starting with the application startup. If you would like me to do any more testing or try something specific, please let me know. I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to look at the issue. 

• Give this version a try.  It's sort of a silly mistake that I made because I don't play live MMOs anymore and things change a bit when log parsing causes something vs clicking a test button.
  • Awesome. I will test it this morning and let you know if I encounter the issue again. Thank you!
  • So far, so good! Both my husband and I have tested the new version. Previously VSE worked after being installed throughout the duration of that execution of ACT. When it failed it would fail usually after coming into EQ2 and ACT the subsequent time. We both installed the new version, tested some triggers, exited EQ2 and ACT, brought them back up, then tested triggers again in a scripted boss fight. VSE and triggers are still working.

I will test again this evening after work and let you know if I encounter different results.
  • The updated version of Visual Sound Engine worked like a champ all evening for both my husband and me. Thank you SO much! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to fix the issue!