Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Unhandled Exception in ACT - EQ2

edited September 2022 in General ACT Discussion
Greetings! I'm using ACT in EQ2 and have had an ongoing unrecoverable error for the past few weeks. I'm at the end of my problem-solving and Googling capacities. The log works inside the game, correct log file etc., but the parse isn't showing inside ACT at all, even though it points to the correct log file. After awhile, this exception window pops up and it's all over. I tried a C++ repair but it hasn't solved the problem. I'm not terribly savvy so if you have a solution, please 'splain as if to a seven-year-old. ;)  Thank you for a wonderful product.
Tagged:

Comments

• This is primarily about the error box... but there is a bug in the current version which makes closing the Mini Parse window a certain way a bad thing...

If you only show/hide the window using the same button, you won't encounter this issue.
  • Aaaah, THANK YOU! After re-reading the error message I thought "maybe I should not run the mini window, or not x out of it. Maybe I am like an 8-year-old now. ;) Thanks, Aditu.
  • Shoot. I am still not getting anything running into ACT. Log files appear to be correct, and worked after the 64-bit EQ2 update. I see the log running, so what else could cause the parser not to parse?

• I guess make sure in the Plugins tab it shows the EQ2 English parsing plugin enabled.  (and only that parsing plugin.. don't mix with other parsing plugins)

Lastly, double check that ACT sees the file size of the opened log go up as things happen.  This is at the top of the Options tab, Miscellaneous page.
  • I was seeing the file size of the opened log increase, but went through each tab point by point and double-checked and re-enabled appropriate settings. I can't say now whether it was the EQ2 English parsing plugin on Plugins tab or not, but once I re-checked and restarted everything, ACT rose from the dead. I'm going to send you a coffee for this help, Aditu. Thank you.