Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Ffxiv Act crashes when leaving instances.

About 10-20% of the time when I leave an instance ACT has a fatal error and crashes.  Has anyone experienced this issue and know how to fix it?
Tagged:

Comments

• Knowing what the fatal error is would be useful.
  • Gotcha, I’m not exactly sure how to check for that but I’ll figure it out and report back next time it happens.
  • Sorry, I thought you saw something that literally said fatal error.

If there are no messages and ACT simply closes, check the Windows Event Viewer for application log crashes.  There will probably be two per crash and only one of them has useful information... so grab both.
  • Ok, will do thanks.
  • This is the error message I found in Windows Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: Advanced Combat Tracker.exe, version: 3.6.1.277, time stamp: 0x62f0678a
    Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4515.0, time stamp: 0x624ce98e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000006833c0
    Faulting process id: 0x66ec
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d90b7103761bc8
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Combat Tracker\Advanced Combat Tracker.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
    Report Id: 522a501f-2913-4f24-a75e-64e6c142d3d2
    Faulting package full name: 

Any thoughts?

• I can only guess that the FFXIV Plugin, OverlayPlugin or Cactbot are reading process memory incorrectly.  There's not really anything else I can guess at here because it is not widespread.
  • No worries, thanks for your comments.  Luckily I’m getting a new pc soon so hopefully the issue won’t Cary over to it.