Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

ffxiv firewall issue after patch 6.3

act is constantly asking for firewall rule after patch 6.3 droped. befor patch it worked just fine.
i looked it up and there is a rule for act, so i deactived it and made a new one, didnt work. deleted my created one and let act do it automaticly and it added the rule back, but still not working and the notification keeps poping up.
iam not alone with this exatct problem, fc member also has this.

is there a fix for this or am i doing something wrong?
Tagged:

Comments

• A previous release of the plugin will not work after a game patch.  Any time the game EXE changes, the plugin will break to some degree.

SquareEnix is trying to reinvent their networking to be more efficient which means parts of the plugin have to be adapted to those changes.  This past patch has been particularly difficult to adapt to.  Even beta releases of the plugin come with significant drawbacks.

From what I hear people talking about... the network changes are even causing the servers trouble probably due to lack of testing... so I don't know what that means for any of this.
  • so basicly there is nothing i can do and have to wait until a fix is patched, right?
  • If you want to live on the wild side, you can try a beta from the Discord linked above... but don't expect it to work well.  If you want it to work well, just wait for the normal update.