Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Not hearing TTS for any Timers or Triggers in ACT for EQ2 after today's update 20230129

edited February 2023 in General ACT Discussion
Hi , we use ACT for raid and groups in EQ2. Several people in raid downloaded today's update (20230129) and installed it. Shortly after that we noticed that we weren't hearing any of the timers or triggers that we normally do.

I restarted my ACT as admin and it worked for a few minutes then no sounds again from the triggers. I also tried running the Startup wizard but still had the same problem. I should add that I have sound with every other program, music and audio books. It's only ACT that seems to be not announcing the triggers like it usually does.

Do you have any suggestions that might help to get our TTS sound back?

Tagged:

Comments

• First we need to separate the source of the problem. 

Triggers changed a bit in the update, but you said it happens with spell timers as well... which should be untouched... so let's assume it doesn't have to do with the trigger changes for now.

Most people by default will have TTS converted into WAV, then that is played like any other sound.  So the first question is, is the TTS to WAV breaking, or the WAV sound playing breaking?  Does direct TTS without WAV files work better?

Try playing around with these things in the Options tab.

In the Sound Settings above Text to Speech, try the different sound engine settings as well to see if one doesn't work.

It ceasing to work after working is a little bit strange...  could you go to the About tab and send me a Feedback message with your log file?  I'm interested if some error starts to appear.
  • edited February 2023
    Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue, but given some log files I have seen I can at least see where the issue lies for them, if not for me.

Those with the issue, you can try the attached ACT copy(place in the install folder)... and it might work better, even when using "intermediary WAVs" for TTS.

• I'm having this problem also since the update. Not trying to be a newb, but I'm not really sure where to put the zip file. Do you unzip it and then place it in the installation folder?
    Thanks.
  • The ACT release last night already includes these changes and more.