Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

System.ArgumentException - An entry with the same key already exists. at System.ThrowHelper.Throw

edited February 2023 in General ACT Discussion
Trying to track this down.  When I search forums I do see on entry but it has yellow block letter yellow block letter etc and is talking about FFIV.  I'm running this in EQ2.  Not certain that makes a different.  The wording in the error almost looks like some sort of registry key error.

System.ArgumentException - An entry with the same key already exists.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.RebuildActiveCustomTriggers()
   at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.tmrTenths_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

System.ThrowHelper, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Any thoughts as to where I go to find and correct this problem?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 2023
    I'm guessing this is some sort of race condition where the zone name is updated and it has a lot of custom triggers to check for activation/deactivation.  I can try to add a fix for it to be less likely to happen, but could you describe the situations that this message occurs in?
  • when loading into ACT.  When zoning into a zone.  It's a trigger file I was told to import that started it.  I've been going on the code in the file but not seen anything that would cause an error yet.  Still looking and cross referencing your site for command deviations.
  • edited February 2023
    Can you see if this version of ACT works better for this issue?
    (put the EXE where ACT normally is and overwrite)
  • heh my virus protection pitched a fit trying to install that one.  Flat out would not let me.  The auto update that occurs on load did download the latest yesterday.  The error message has gone away.  Checked and double checked this morning.
  • Race conditions may appear to go away, but it just means that the race completed differently.  If the right situation comes up, you'll see it again.