Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

ACT not logging while VPN is active

I use Nord VPN and when it is inactive ACT logs normally. However, when I connect to the VPN, it does not log. I get a message in the bottom right of my screen asking if I would like ACT to add itself as a firewall exception in Windows ("Failure: Unable to access network data. This may be due to Windows Defender Firewall blocking ACT. Do you want to add a firewall rule to allow ACT to access network data?"). Even when I click on confirm, it doesn't resolve the issue or open a window to my firewall settings.

I've made sure I'm on a private network, I've added FFXIV and ACT to my VPN's disable list, made sure there are rules that let them through the firewall, and still it tells me "Failure: Unable to access network data." I read about other people disabling network parsing but I cannot find the setting for the life of me. Please help, this has been driving me crazy for over a year and I can't imagine there's no workaround.

Tagged:

Comments

• NordVPN has always been difficult with the FFXIV Parsing Plugin.  Anything that alters network traffic will potentially break things.

Perhaps the situation is now worse and these suggestions do not work.

Network parsing is mandatory.  Memory-only parsing was always unreliable and never accepted by FFLogs; it was discontinued by the plugin author.  I don't know if WinPcap mode in the plugin is compatible with NordVPN.

• Ngl, never thought to just turn off split-tunneling. Thank you, got it working!