Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Why Am I Getting This Notification In EQ2?

This started happening after installing Windows 11.  Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• For some reason Windows Media Player does not work the same for some people and it ends up with a slight resource leak.  In the Sound Settings, you can try to toggle the UI-thread option on the WMP sound engine and it might work better.  If it doesn't then I suppose you can just ignore it as long as sound is working otherwise. 

In the TTS options, you might switch to the non-intermediary WAV setting, so that WMP is used less frequently.
  • I can not find the UI-thread option you are referring to.  TTS option?  Sorry, as the name applies, I r a newbie :-)

• Try typing things like "UI thread" into the Options tab search.  It's there for your benefit.  It will point at the Sound Settings page, like I already said... but it will also highlight the exact checkbox I'm talking about.