Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Track player DoTs

Is it possible to use the spell timer, or any other feature, to track player DoTs? I had tried to do so, but rather than ending when the DoT was supposed to end, it just restarted.
Tagged:

Comments

• I haven't played in a few years, but I don't think anything will beat the maintained spells window in the UI.  I can't remember if you need UI mods to show the remaining time on them or not.

The problem with DoTs is that you can typically recast them before their timer is up and there is nothing in the logs that show an initial hit vs a tick.  Sure, they might do different damage... but ACT can't figure out the difference.

If you have emotes on in a chat tab, the spell might make a unique message for you but it won't spell out the name of the spell, usually.  You can make a Custom Trigger that watches for your spell emote and starts a named timer that you have configured with your known duration.  If your emote has the target's name in it, you can capture that as the "victim" named capturing group and if there are multiple names that trigger the timer, they will show the victim's name in the multiple spell timers.