Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Log Files

edited June 2023 in General ACT Discussion
Maybe I messed something up in my settings, but I've been using ACT for a while now.  Currently my ACT is combing all my same name files into 1 text file, which makes things crazy large.  IE. .Name 1 used on tues/thur/sat, but only has one file of said character and my other characters get their own as well, but again, its only one. It's not separating it by dates anymore.  Is there a new setting I maybe messed up for just haven't looked for, I suppose? 
Tagged:

Comments

• What game are you using?
  • EQ2

it just puts everything into one file for each named... so the big files are single names of the toons i play the most. It used to separate them each time and actually now that i think about it, it's the game that's putting them together.  Not sure how/when that changed, so I'll ask some others if they are having the same issue. 

• Make sure this bottom setting is enabled in the Options tab...
    It will only work if you start ACT before the game or close ACT after the game has closed.  Otherwise the file is locked by the game.
  • thanks.. somehow there was no size limit enabled.