Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

ACTwebSocket Overlay Can't Remove (SOVLED)

The ACTwebSocket Overlay shows up on game startup and there is no way to remove it or exit the overlay. A few things I need to mention:
  • I uninstalled ACT in an attempt to remove the overlay and this did not fix the issue
  • After reinstalling ACT, the overlay still persist
  • I've tried searching via file explorer for any hints of the overlay and I can't find it
  • After uninstalling, I made sure to delete all files that I could find regarding ACT
Figure One shows two different windows. The topmost window is the overlay itself. The second smaller window on the bottom is for preferences after clicking on the cog wheel on the top left of the overlay. I can "Hide" the overlay but it will show back up on the relaunch of FFXIV. Figure Two Shows the main tab on ACT. Figure Three shows the plugins currently installed. 

(Figure 1)

(Figure 2)

(Figure 3)

Tagged:

Comments

• Modern OverlayPlugin has WS Server functionality built in.  Do not use any other plugin that adds this type of functionality.

At one point you used a plugin called ACTWebSocket and it dumped a bunch of DLLs into your game folder that override DirectX libraries.  With those DLLs it creates an overlay inside the game's process.

I can't tell you which DLLs they are, but they're in the same folder as your game.  I don't play the game, so I don't have a listing of legitimate files.
  • EQAditu said:
    Modern OverlayPlugin has WS Server functionality built in.  Do not use any other plugin that adds this type of functionality.

At one point you used a plugin called ACTWebSocket and it dumped a bunch of DLLs into your game folder that override DirectX libraries.  With those DLLs it creates an overlay inside the game's process.

I can't tell you which DLLs they are, but they're in the same folder as your game.  I don't play the game, so I don't have a listing of legitimate files.
    Thank you for your help! come to find out there was some dll files in my game folder that were related to the overlay. After deleting them it went away:)