Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

The request was aborted: could not create SSL/TSL secure channel

I installed ACT about a year ago with no problems. I stopped playing for a few months and uninstalled my game, FFXIV. I reinstalled FFXIV on a new M.2 a few months later, to get back into the game. Then, I uninstalled ACT and reinstalled it. Now, I get the message "The request was aborted: could not create SSL/TSL secure channel." I've allowed it through my firewall, disabled my real-time protection on my AV (Avira), ran as administrator, reinstalled it multiple times, installed .net framework, and restarted my computer, all to no avail. I get this message in the startup wizard, shown in this picture
and in the notifications in this picture
Please help.
Tagged:

Comments

• In summary, Windows does not trust that the connection ACT tried to make is secure, so it aborted the connection to protect you.

Although, sure... your connections could be attacked... it's probably a misconfiguration on your computer or security software that is actually attacking the connection to inspect it... but is doing it wrong.  ESET occasionally was bad about this.

It will provide way more information and hopefully fail in the same way that ACT is.  Try an ACT.com test and post the results.

• I tried all three options and had the same result. 
  • All three, huh... so it's not necessarily an issue regarding the new ISRG Root X1 certificate.

At this point you may have to uncheck "Ignore Info" and post that as a text file, since it will be a lot.
  • I've attached a file that shows all results.
  • edited May 2023
    I can't really decide where the issue is.  Unfortunately the error is generic...
    [05:25:59.023] System.Net Information: 0 : [15080] InitializeSecurityContext(In-Buffers count=2, Out-Buffer length=0, returned code=InternalError).
    There might be an Schannel entry in the System log in Event Viewer that describes this error further.

It's not getting as far as being able to read the server certificate.  Usually this only happens for improperly created local certificates. 

The next thing for diagnosis is to try seeing what certificate is being offered using an MSIE compatible browser that uses similar networking.  If you're on Windows 10, starting IEXPLORE.exe might actually open Internet Explorer.  If for whatever reason it opens Edge instead... you might be able to open advancedcombattracker.com and then from the menu reload it into Internet Explorer mode. 

Then click the lock and open the certificate.

The Certification Path tab should look like this.  If the UI looks different, you were not in Internet Explorer mode.

• edited May 2023
    I did everything you said and this is what I got: 
  • edited May 2023
    So your security software, Avira, is attacking the connection and Windows does not like it.  You either need to figure out how to make Avira do it correctly so that Windows does not think it is under attack... or disable that part of Avira.  It would probably be claiming to be some sort of website inspection in its settings.