Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

ACT stops showing data

Routine is start ACT, then start FFXIV.  Everything will work fine for a while, then, unknown reason why, ACT just stops showing any data for fights.  It will show the correct zone that i am in, and does show log active.  Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2023
    Packet loss.

Since 6.3, packet loss will break the network conversation in the same way that starting ACT after FFXIV would.  The parsing plugin needs 100% of the conversation to make sense of the continuation.

Since you, as a user, cannot control your packet loss... I suggest you use the newer injection method of network capture.  This puts the burden of network capture onto the game, which knows how to reset the connection during packet loss.
  • That seemed to fix everything, thank you  :)
  • Hi. Can you please explain what "use the newer injection method" means? I am having a similar problem. Thanks.