Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Unable to access website or reach host servers

I was trying to use ACT in FFXIV, but it wouldnt work. Turns out there was an update for the game specific plug-in, when I went to update it the program said ACT servers couldn’t be reached. I confirmed this by trying to go to the site and it was not reachable. I take my phone off Wi-Fi and it becomes reachable for my mobile device. Just wondering what the issue may be. Thanks. 

Comments

• Well, it sounds like your ISP.  (or DNS from your ISP)
  • EQAditu said:
    Well, it sounds like your ISP.  (or DNS from your ISP)
    It was working fine the day before. That’s kinda nuts. I’ll try changing my DNS to another. I’ll get back to you on it, thank you!
  • It really depends on the error message.  It could be DNS, it could be some sort of routing problem.  Trying to fix one with the other won't do a lot.  But there's not a lot you can do except complain to your ISP if it is a routing problem.