Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Unable to get spell timers to work in ACT in NeverWinter

Hello:

I'm trying to set up spell timers in ACT for NeverWinter to track my buffs. I BELIEVE I have it set up right, but no timer, no TTS...nothing.

I've confirmed I have /combatlog 1 on, and believe I've set up the spell timer window. If anyone is well versed in setting up spell timers, I'd really appreciate your help. 

Thank you!

Comments

• The primary data source for Spell Timers are combat actions.  You must be able to find the exact spell name in the Main tab tables.  Things like damage or heals would show up here almost assuredly.  Some parsing plugins might add zero value buffs, but usually not.  

Without the parsing plugin telling ACT that a spell was used for something, the Spell Timers feature has no idea about it.  If using the buff exists as emote text that appears in the View Logs window, then a Custom Trigger can be made to find that text and configured to start a named Spell Timer.
  • Yes, unfortunately it seems when casting a buff in Neverwinter, you get a [System Notify] message

ie: "[System Notify] You use Invocation Blessing" , but it's not part of the combat log. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "exists as emote text" Would that be what I described above?

• Yes, but it must exist as text in the log file.  If it only appears on screen, then a log parser such as ACT would not know about it.
  • Ok, thank you for your aid. I'll look into seeing if there's a way that the text can be put in the log file, or if there's a text trigger in the combat log that I can link to.