Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Keep getting a loop error on ACT startup for FFXIV

I keep getting a weird loop error whenever I start up ACT I never had this issue I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and everything but I don't think it's that but whenever I start it up it opens up more then one ACT window and everything This is what it tells me in the error:
---------------------------
Fatal Error - Unhandled Exception
An unhandled exception has occurred.  ACT may close.
Press Ctrl-C to copy this MessageBox.

System.InvalidOperationException - Starting a second message loop on a single thread is not a valid operation. Use Form.ShowDialog instead.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.ActLoader.Main(String[] args)

System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext, System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
OK   
I can't think of anything at all for why it would appear like this I only click this once not twice I even uninstalled all my plug-ins and everything but to no avail at all, the only thing that I seen was an even viewer pop-up saying something about the Kernal and what this error message says for it.
Tagged:

Comments

• That's a super weird problem... I've never heard of such a thing.

Does this still happen if you allow the uninstaller to clear out %APPDATA%?  If so, I would try finding a .NET Framework repair utility... or use one of those Windows verification commands.  (sfc /scannow or dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth)

• I found the issue it was just my chipset drivers that needed to be uninstalled then reinstalled and it works. No errors or anything whenever I boot up ACT so I guess it was a driver issue.