Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

(FFXIV) Running ACT on a standard user account (running as admin) not working

Hi, So I was trying to setup ACT to run on an account that doesn't have administrator privilages on the device due to shared use, however I noticed ACT doesn't seem to work - even if I run as an adminstrator. I changed the used into an administrator and boom, everything worked as usual.

while using "Inject and use deucalion for network data", I get:
I recieve the error as: Failure: Deucalion injection is selected, but no data received.
Please review the logfile for possible erorr messages.
Some Anti-cheat software from other games may require running ACT as Administrator.
Last injection message was:

while not using that option I get:
"Failure: Network data is successfully received, but not processed.  If the game was recently updated, an update may be required for FFXIV_ACT_Plugin."

does ACT have to be run on an adminstrator account to work at all? are there any settings that I can set to have it be able to run and parse the data?
Tagged:

Comments

• If the game is run as admin, then ACT needs to have it as well for the plugin to read game memory.

Default packet capture mode requires admin to create raw sockets.  WinPcap and Deucalion do not require admin.