Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Missing Custom Triggers

edited February 2019 in General ACT Discussion
Recently returned to playing  EQ2 after a lengthy hiatus, and I've had this issue in the past, but can't remember how I used to fix it.

Been playing fine last few weeks and adding new triggers as needed. Last night I fired up ACT and it's acting like a fresh install. Custom Triggers and Spell Timers are blank and promoting me to select plugin, log file etc.

I've found the appdata folder and copied a backup config, but every time I restart ACT it seems to be wiping over the top of that config with a blank one.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Tagged:

Comments

• Well, I can try giving you some instructions to try and see what's going on and/or fix it...

Presumably there's something wrong with the file that ACT tries to read at start up... so we'll try to have it generate a good one from the backup itself instead of manually.

So, load ACT normally.

In the Options tab, go to Configuration Import/Export and load a backup configuration that looks good by the file size/date.

In the AppData Config folder, delete your current Advanced Combat Tracker.config.xml file.

Now close ACT normally.

A new .config.xml file should replace the one you just deleted seconds ago.  If not, there's something wrong with your system that I can't really help with.  If so, then maybe ACT was having trouble overwriting the file you were able to delete.
  • Perfect instructions, thank you. That fixed it for me.