Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

fatal error

---------------------------

Fatal Error - Unhandled Exception

An unhandled exception has occurred.  ACT may close.

Press Ctrl-C to copy this MessageBox.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException - Could not load file or assembly 'FFXIV_ACT_Plugin.Common, Version=2.0.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.FFXIVRepository.GetCurrentFFXIVProcess()

at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.OverlayZCorrector.EnsureOverlaysAreOverGame(Object _)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()

at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()

at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.FFXIVRepository, OverlayPlugin.Core, Version=0.13.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

OK   

not sure what to do .-.
Tagged:

Comments

• You need to enable the FFXIV Plugin to stop OverlayPlugin from crashing.  Or remove OverlayPlugin to stop it from crashing ACT.

• edited January 2020

+1, saw this after an auto-update and it's a pretty poor experience. I can't even use the UI to do what you suggested because it crashes right away... hmm.

• edited January 2020

There's nothing I can do about unhandled exceptions in 3rd party plugins except display the error message when .NET tells ACT that the process is crashing.  The alternative is that ACT closes with no message at all.

• Yeah that's fair, thanks for the quick response! FWIW, I solved this by nuking my OverlayPlugin folder in program files (maybe that was your second suggestion?) and just reinstalling everything. Thanks for all of your efforts btw, didn't mean to be whiny :)