Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

ACT Overlay - May have broke a thing, was hoping someone would know how to fix.

So, I did a more in depth cleaning with a program I'm fairly familiar with and have never had problems with. This program being C-Cleaner.

I'm currently not sure if I had hit an extra box or two that completely broke my overlay plugin for ACT or if it's a problem with the plugin itself.

Currently when trying to use the Overlay Plugin for ACT I get the following message.

Unhandled exception in ACT
System.IO.FileNotFoundException - Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp, Version=75.1.141.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=40c4b6fc221f4138' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.PluginLoader.<FinishInit>d__8.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.PluginLoader.<Initialize>d__7.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
System.Windows.Forms.Control, System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Then the plugin itself shows it is stuck at "Initialized CEF" I tried reinstalling my entirety of C++ Runtimes but it has zero effect. I can still parse without the overlay, but I do miss the overlay itself.

Tagged:

Comments

• Delete "%APPDATA%\Advanced Combat Tracker\OverlayPluginCef" and restart ACT so that the plugin will re-download the missing files.  Something outside deleted something it shouldn't have.

• Ah. Completely forgot that it saved settings in the APPDATA directory. That fixed it. Thank you very much.