Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

ACT auto closing

So the last few days since the patch I have been having an issue where I try to run act, it begins to load up, but then closes without any error messages. 

It is running in admin.
Never had any issues like this previously.

I have now tried a fresh install, and while it loads up now, It closes when I try to download the parser plugin for the wizard, anyone else having this issue or have a work around?
Tagged:

Comments

• Someone else mentioned this on Ravahn's Discord this morning...

Could you check the Event Viewer like I mention in the screenshot?
  • The other person supposedly had this in their Event Viewer application logs:
    Windows cannot access the file C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Xml.Linq\e95f5941325655ecb2d54547ec417bfe\System.Xml.Linq.ni.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Advanced Combat Tracker because of this error.
    Let's say that the file was damaged during Microsoft's Patch Tuesday...  it might mess up a handful of people.  If you can find a similar error, I suggest running something like this: Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.