Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Unhandled Exeption

I'm having this problem and was wondering if someone could help me out please. 

System.ObjectDisposedException - Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'TextBox'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.SetSelectedTextInternal(String text, Boolean clearUndo)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.AppendText(String text)
   at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.Updater.Installer.Cleanup()
   at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.Updater.Installer.Download(String url, String dest, Boolean useHttpClient)
   at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.Updater.Installer.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<Run>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.Updater.Installer.<Run>d__12.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.Updater.CefInstaller.<InstallCef>d__4.MoveNext()
   at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.Updater.CefInstaller.<EnsureCef>d__3.MoveNext()
   at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.PluginLoader.<FinishInit>d__13.MoveNext()
   at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.PluginLoader.<Initialize>d__12.MoveNext()

System.Windows.Forms.Control, System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken

Tagged:

Comments

• Well, it says it's doing something from OverlayPlugin...  it tried to access something in a window that was already gone.  I can't really tell you anything else, especially because you don't even explain what's going on when this happens.
  • edited March 2021
    I re-downloaded ACT because I though it would fix a parsing reading error. For some reason I am not able to re-download ffxiv+ others plug in and it gave me this. I can download the parsing and cactbot but, ffxiv+ others plug in not. I am new to this so I am not sure what else to explain. It's trying to access something that is already gone from the previous install and I have to delete that residual window?
  • No, I'm describing a runtime error in OverlayPlugin itself.  Runtime meaning, program code that is currently running in memory.  The code is doing something in a bad order which causes the error.  But considering this isn't reported by anyone else, it means there's something specific to your computer that's causing things to happen differently.

If this still happens after a clean install where you let ACT's uninstaller remove all related folders, we'd have to figure out what is different about your computer.

A search on Discord suggests you didn't install: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/VC_redist.x64.exe
    (which it should be asking you to do)

• I'm still not sure what could cause this I have that downloaded. It gave me this error too if this is any useful info to you that could give you an idea what my problem is.

The download was interrupted: RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.Updater.CurlException: Request to "https://github.com/ngld/OverlayPlugin/releases/download/v0.7.0/CefSharp-75.1.14-x64.DO_NOT_DOWNLOAD" failed: CURLE_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR; schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092012) - The revocation function was unable to check revocation for the certificate.
       at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.Updater.CurlWrapper.Get(String url, Dictionary`2 headers, String downloadDest, ProgressInfoCallback info_cb, Boolean resume)
       at RainbowMage.OverlayPlugin.Updater.Installer.Download(String url, String dest, Boolean useHttpClient)
  • Sorry, I forgot about this thread...

Anyways, the new error is an Internet connectivity thing.  Some countries block certificate revocation lists.  Some VPNs cause issues with contacting them.  Sometimes using or not using a VPN will solve the issue.

If you can't get it to work the automatic way... download the file that is linked in your post and use the big button in the Manual Installation tab.