Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

System.NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I downloaded ACT after watching video. Using it for EQ2.  Was working fine for one day. Then after that, I could not get it to recognize the fight or put up any data. It didn't seem to recognize what character I was on, or maybe what log.txt I had.  I uninstalled and re=installed ACT.  I made sure /log was On, I ran as Admin, and am using the EQ2 English plugin and can find no other I may have inadvertantly downloaded. 

I have been receiving this error message (although not at first, so I'm not certain it's in relation to my problem)

System.NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Advanced_Combat_Tracker.FormActMain.btnNavBack_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

Any help would be wonderful. I am a total computer novice.

Comments

• Well, you're clicking the Back button when nothing is selected.  It's a very rare situation, but don't click the Back button if you don't like the error.  Make sure something in the TreeView is selected first.

My only guess is that you haven't opened a log file that's being written to by EQ2.  It gets your character name from the log filename, so you probably don't have the correct log selected.

You can try the "Find My EQ2 Log" plugin if you can't figure out what EQ2 is using.  (requires ACT running as admin)

• Thanks a lot. I will try to do that.