Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

How do I make case-insensitive regexes?

Normally I'd use /regex/i but ACT's regex field assumes surrounding forward slashes, so writing /regex/i would be interpreted as //regex/i/.

Comments

• .NET just doesn't use that way of constructing regular expressions at all.  If you need to make a global modifier, it's changed in the constructor of the regular expression class rather than being part of the string. 

Like 10 years ago, it was a huge performance hit to enable to the point that it seemed like a bug, so I did not use it.

For now, I'd suggest using the in-line mode modifier (?i) which can be ended with (?-i) but is optional.  If you want the entire line to be case insensitive, just put it at the beginning.  It seems safe to put the modifier before or after ^.
  • That's strange it would do that.

Thanks for the answer.