Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

Error in downloading new update and applying plugin.

"The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Please find below 2 screenshots of each error. Parser was working fine up until 4 days ago. I did a complete re-install, it worked fine. After trying to download the newest FFXIV plugin update, it broke, I uninstalled, re-installed, and now cannot even complete the first time start up.

I am more than happy to offer any information that may be of assistance. (I tried to find similar resolved issues, but none of it seemed to work for myself, since I cannot even get past the first time setup.)

Tagged:

Comments

• I've heard of this issue with users of ESET AV, where the security software was failing at a man-in-the-middle attack on the encrypted connection.  The attack failed, so the secure connection was aborted.

This only happened for connections to GitHub rather than the ACT website, where GitHub requires a higher TLS version and perhaps cannot be attacked in this way.

I would disable any software that claims to "inspect" web traffic on your computer and try again.

• I could not for the life of me find out what the issue was, so I did a complete re-install of windows and installed the parser.

The error is now gone, however, the parser is no longer showing data in game. I have allowed both exe's through my fire wall and I do not wish to use local data to parse if I can help it. ACT is a very important program for me, so I would appreciate any insight you may have as to what I need to do to get the parser to work in game. Thank you

• At the top of the forum pages, there are links to the best FFXIV/ACT related guides that I know about as well as the official Discord server.

I would start with ngld's FAQ and the troubleshooting section.  If even that doesn't help, the Discord deals with similar issues several times a day in the #troubleshooting channel.