Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If requesting help, make sure to mention what game you are attempting to use ACT with.
For the best FFXIV support, join Ravahn's Discord Server. Also check out OverlayPlugin's FFXIV FAQ and Setup Guide.

EQ2 how to send player name / npc name to timer window

Been searching and sadly not found any answer :(

I want to create a trigger, that in turn stats a timer. In the timer, i would like to display additional information, such as which player trigger it and against which target. Is there a way to do this?

Thx!

Comments

• The spell timer GUI will only show a spell's source, and only if there is more than one source active.  The spell timer name will have a prefix in this case.  Normally a spell timer will be given an "attacker" and "victim" variable, but as I said, only the "attacker" would ever be visible.  If a trigger has a named capture group named "attacker", the spell timer will consider this.  Other captured variables can be used in TTS such as "${victim}".
  • Thanks,
    I've tested using (?<attacker>\w+)('s) and it correctly fetches the text into this named group, but it is not visible in the timer window. I assume, since you said this will only work if more than 1 of the same timer is active at a time.